Financial Controller//=$_GET['position']; ?>
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Financial Controller?
This full time position is based in Tel Aviv and entails managing the financial policies of Mindspace. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience in a top accounting firm and/ or experience as controller / assistant controller and be a creative team-player with strong interpersonal and management skills.
Your day at Mindspace
With a strong understanding of accounting and financial measures, you will be ensuring that business operations are aligned with SOX-compliance policies. You'll be handed a lot of responsibility including manage a team based outside of Israel. We trust that you are an independent and responsible professional who is able to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-organizational teams and interfaces.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
- Analyzing the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, margins, costs and compliance with budget
- Managing two employees based outside of Israel
- Month end close process
- Ensuring invoicing is done on time and includes all the necessary accounts, involved in complicated billing issues, revenue recognition and debt collection
- Tax - comply local, government reporting requirements and tax fillings
- Audit - interface with audit firms (local and foreign)
- Managing and reporting monthly CF
- Preparation of consolidation file and related working papers each quarter
- Ensuring global compliance with IFRS 16
- Preparing annual budget
Do you have the following experience?
- BA degree in accounting
- CPA with "Big Four" experience
- 5-7 years of field experience, 3 years of experience as a financial controller in a hi-tech global company
- Excellent computer skills with experience in SAP (advantage)
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws and standards
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
Critical competencies for success:
- Excellent managerial skills
- There's no taking short cuts here - transparency is key!
- You should be a highly-creative team player who is able to think on his feet when the going gets tough
- Building infrastructure processes and procedures should not be out of your comfort zone
- Come prepared with a can-do attitude!
Mindspace is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!