Operations Manager//=$_GET['position']; ?>
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Operations Manager?
This full time position is based in London, reporting directly to the City Lead. You will be overseeing all operational aspects of our buildings in the UK. You will wear multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, health & safety, security and new building openings, and will drive the success of all of Mindspace's facilities in the country.
Your day at Mindspace
As the Operations Manager, you will be making sure that things are getting done smoothly at all times. You will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's assets in all of our locations in the UK.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operation
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Oversee construction projects in London
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance to local, state and federal regulations, accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Mapping and creating a base building document describing all the operational processes that exist or should exist in the buildings. These tasks include: guest registration, cleaning, sanitation, systems (A/C, heating, IT, fire and more)
- Procure, negotiate and deal closing with multiple suppliers such as: Cleaning, Drinks (e.g. coffee, beer, water and soda fountain, snacks vendors), VOIP & Phones, Printers
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues
- Handling building security, access control, CCTV, security companies etc.
- Keep improving procedures by using existing metrics (KPIs)
- Support, coordinate and interact seamlessly with all the teams involved from opening
Do you have the following experience?
- University Degree in Business, Economics or any relevant related field
- 3 plus years of management experience in the Operations field/facilities management - a must
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of security systems, IT and AV equipment - a plus
- Exceptional project management skills and multitasking abilities
- Tech savvy
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognise errors when made, and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick on their feet and a fast learner