About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established start-ups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Controller?
This full-time position is based in Tel Aviv and entails managing the financial policies of Mindspace. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience from a top accounting firm, having strong attention to detail, and be a proactive problem solver. The role requires completing some semi-ambiguous tasks - so self-discipline and an independent working style are necessary.
Your day at Mindspace.
As a key member of the finance team , you are a data driven, strategic and analytical thinker, with a strong understanding of accounting and financial measures, you will be ensuring that business operations are aligned with SOX-compliance policies. We are looking to find a driven, team player and self-starter individual, seeking an opportunity that can lead to professional growth.
What you will be responsible for, mainly.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting with our financial advisors and monitor proper compliance
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Ensure invoicing is done on time and includes all the necessary accounts, involved in complicated billing issues, revenue recognition and debt collection
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Leading a team (local and international).
- Monitor the compliance with local government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Audit- Interface with outside audit firms (local and foreign)
- Responsible for managing and reporting monthly CF
- Ensuring global compliance with IFRS 16
- Managing the process of closing the reporting periods (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting - a mast
- CPA from a Big 4 accounting firm, with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- 2+ years of post-internship experience, at least 1 year as a controller (from a global company - an advantage ).
- Excellent computer skills; experience in SAP
- Good knowledge of Israel Tax and tax reporting experience
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High level of English and Hebrew - MUST
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
Critical Competencies for Success:
- There’s no taking shortcuts here – transparency is key
- You should be a highly-creative team player who is able to think on his feet when the going gets tough
- You must have strong data entry skills and a knack for numbers – be highly attentive to details and keep your finger on the pulse
- Good organizational skills are key to getting you far in this position, so things don’t fall out of balance
- You must be thorough and accurate worker who is able to recognize errors when made, and takes the necessary steps to correct them
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!