About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is a rapidly growing global provider of inspiring workspaces for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs, and creative freelancers. With members in more than 30 locations across 7 countries, we are setting the gold standard for flexible workspaces around the world.
Who is the Facilities Manager?
This full-time position is based in Germany, reporting directly to the Germany GM. You will be overseeing all operational aspects of our buildings in Germany. You will wear multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, health & safety, and security.
Your day at Mindspace
As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's operations in all of our locations in Germany. You will make sure our facilities are running smoothly and efficiently at all times, and maintain ongoing communication with our various vendors and contractors. In addition, you will be working with our Community and Sales teams, making sure members' satisfaction is high.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Management & oversight of the building systems maintenance and building cleaning of Mindspace locations in Germany
- Drive processes and standards to ensure compliance with local, state, and local regulations, accreditation, and regulatory agencies
- Manage and track preventive and corrective maintenance programs including but not limited to equipment and facilities
- Negotiate terms with large facilities services providers, professionals, and contractors. Managing and maintaining the relationship with them, and making sure deliverables are executed at a satisfactory quality level and on time.
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operations.
- continuously evaluate facilities process inefficiencies and recommend improvement measures
- Oversee construction projects and new openings in Germany
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Play a key role in providing feedback to development on issues that prevent facilities from operating effectively
- Be the first point of contact for large facility maintenance emergencies
- Be the point of contact with the landlords and for making sure that we comply with all regulations and contracts
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues.
- Handle building security, access control, CCTV, security companies, etc.
- Support, coordinate, and interact seamlessly with different teams, such as the sales team & community team
Do you have the following experience?
- 5 years of experience in the Operations - a must
- Background in Facility Management - a must
- Hospitality background - Strong advantage
- Knowledge of security systems, IT, and AV equipment
- A problem solver with exceptional project management skills and multitasking abilities
- Proactive, independent, and a team player
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, independent, and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognize errors when made and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick and a fast learner
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!