Legal Counsel - Commercial and Real Estate
About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is a rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
About the role
This full-time position will be based in Tel Aviv at Mindspace HQ and entails managing among others, the legal aspects related to the company’s members, services and supplier agreements, as well as real estate agreements with real estate owners. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience from a top law firm or a global company, having strong attention to detail, and be a proactive problem solver. The role requires completing some semi-ambiguous tasks - so self-discipline and an independent working style.
Your day at Mindspace
As a Legal Counsel you will report to the company’s General Counsel and will be focused on customer engagement, customer service and real estate aspects, acting as a business partner for internal teams (sales, operations and real estate) to support their legal needs.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and counselling on a broad range of commercial transactions, with a particular focus on services agreements, commercial leasing such as structure lease and management agreements and other occupancy agreements for projects across a large global portfolio.
- Provide day-to-day legal counselling to internal business teams on issues related to customer service, real estate transactions, project management and risk management.
- Supporting legal requirements and business initiatives of Mindspace as in-house legal expert on commercial matters.
- Manage outside counsels across the various geographies in which the company operates.
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements and implementation processes.
Do you have the following experience?
- LLB degree in law
- 2-3 years of experience with Commercial law at a top-tier law firm (M&A departments-advantage) or as an in-house counsel, experience in commercial law and industry knowledge that includes service agreements, and purchase and sale transactions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Good understanding of real estate law - big advantage
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Fluent in English and Hebrew - Must
Critical competencies for success:
- You’ll be handed a lot of responsibility – so we trust that you’re an independent and responsible worker who is able to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-organizational teams and interfaces
- There's no taking shortcuts here - transparency is key!
- You should be a highly-creative team player who is able to think on your feet when the going gets tough
- Capable networker with excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
- Strong analytical, with strong conceptual, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Know how to prioritize tasks under a time-crunch: don't give in when the going gets tough!
- Building infrastructure processes and procedures should not be out of your comfort zone
- Fired up about Mindspace; you are ready to live, eat and breathe Mindspace, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
- Come prepared with a can-do attitude!
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!