Real Estate Business Development Manager
About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Real Estate Business Development Manager?
This full time position will be based in Berlin and will be managing all that is related to the acquisition of new Mindspace locations in Germany. The Real Estate Business Development Manager has a deep-rooted connection to real estate and experience in handling and negotiating contracts.
Your day at Mindspace
You will be sourcing and selecting sites, performing financial evaluations, leading and closing lease negotiations and managing relations and communications with brokers, lawyers and landlords in various countries.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Sourcing off and on market deals, and analyzing best-fit expansion opportunities for Mindspace
- Conducting market research, and leading lease negotiations for new locations
- Developing market strategy for real estate growth
- Creating economic guidelines that outline how to properly underwrite deals and negotiate the most favorable terms for Mindspace
- Supporting all acquisition and property-related decisions with financial and legal analysis
- Lead the lease and management agreement negotiations processes
- Ensuring that all relevant business terms and protective lease clauses are included in contracts
Do you have the following experience?
-5-7 years experience in commercial real estate sourcing or negotiations
- Proven experience in entering new markets and managing several deals
- Proven experience in initiating and managing relationships with brokers and landlords
- Fluent in English and in German
- International experience - a big advantage
- Familiarity with legal processes
- Hospitality industry experience - advantage
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Be a fast-paced mover who doesn’t let jet-lag slow you down; You must be willing to travel as often as needed for the job
- You must have strong communication (& presentation) skills, and not be shy when standing in front of a crowd
- You must be a fiercely independent worker who is able to operate efficiently if working remotely
- Maintain strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Know how to prioritize tasks under a time-crunch: don’t give in when the going gets tough!
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and constant thirst to learn more
- Excited about MINDSPACE; you are ready to live, eat and breathe MINDSPACE, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
Mindspace is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!
Please submit your application in English
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!