General Manager//=$_GET['position']; ?>
magine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the General Manager?
This key, full-time position is based in Amsterdam and entails managing the Mindspace sites and business across Amsterdam and UK. You will report directly to the Vice President of Operations, and will lead a talented operations teams across both countries.
Your day at Mindspace
As the General Manager, you lead by example, acting with a sense of urgency to drive results by orchestrating and managing your network of Senior Community Managers and Community Managers across 3 operating locations, and new launch sites. You act with business courage to pursue opportunities, and to ensure that both Netherlands and UK Mindspace sites are full, vibrant and that the business continues to thrive. You are the beating heart of the Mindspace operation, helping to build the brand and business.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Manage operations of MINDSPACE branches; ensure that activity is on par with corporate goals & visions
- Follow key sales & implement solutions to improve upon business operations in the country
- Manage country sales efforts and promote team development and growth
- Be POC for all corporate matters between UK and Netherlands branches & MINDSPACE HQ
- Take charge of analytics, performance review, financial planning, and budgeting processes for both branches
- Manage KPI’s and evaluate success in reaching targets
- Work closely with the HR team on manners pertaining to talent planning & acquisition and set clear performance measures for team members
- Facilitate communication between cross-functional corporate teams
- Support & lead Senior Community managers, ensure that investments are allocated towards attainment of key goals
- Build MINDSPACE brand through PR efforts, events, and special projects - as needed
Do you have the following experience?
- BA/BSc/MA in relevant field - MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in management
- Experience working in international environment
- Fluent in English
Critical Competencies for Success:
- You must be a multi-faceted professional who has dabbled in a variety of fields; A basic understanding of real estate, HR, development, sales, marketing, IT, finance and more are a huge advantage & necessary for the growth of the MINDSPACE community
- You must be a great communicator who is able to clearly convey messages in written and oral form, and is comfortable presenting ideas in front of a crowd
- A fast-paced mover who doesn’t let jet-lag slow you down; You must be willing to lead a jet-setting lifestyle and go where the job takes you Being self-aware and analytical is key for this position. And don’t forget to demonstrate strong time-management skills
- Experienced working with people & managing cross-functional teams? Good- that’ll take you a far way here
- Excited about MINDSPACE; you are ready to live, eat and breathe MINDSPACE, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
Mindspace is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvellous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!
Please submit your application in English