Facilities Manager//=$_GET['position']; ?>
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Facilities Manager?
This full time position is based in Amsterdam, reporting directly to the City Lead. You will be overseeing all aspects of optimization of our buildings in The Netherlands. You will wear multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, health & safety, security and new building openings, and will drive the success of all of Mindspace's facilities in the country.
Your day at Mindspace
As the facilities manager, you will be making sure that things are getting done smoothly at all times. You will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's assets in all of our locations in The Netherlands.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Provide guidance for building management
- Management & oversight of the building systems maintenance of multiple Mindspace locations across The Netherlands
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance to local, state and federal regulations, accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Manage and track preventive and corrective maintenance programs including but not limited to equipments and facilities
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operation
- Continually evaluate facilities process inefficiencies and recommend improvement measures
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Play a key role in providing feedback to development on issues that prevents facilities from operating effectively
- Be the first point of contact for large facility maintenance emergencies
- Be the point of contact with the landlords and for making sure that we are complied with all regulations and contracts
- Negotiate and maintenance of large facilities services contracts
- Oversee construction projects in The Netherlands
Do you have the following experience?
- Four-year college degree
- 3+ years of facilities management experience - a must
- High level of English and Dutch– MUST!
- Experience as a project manager in construction - a plus
- Knowledge of security systems, IT and AV equipment - a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Tech savvy
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognize errors when made, and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick on their feet and a fast learner