Global Facilities Lead
About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Global facilities Lead?
You will be overseeing all operational aspects of Mindspace sites around the world.
This full time position includes moving between different locations, supporting and guiding the local operations managers, reporting directly to VP operations. You will wear multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, IT, health & safety, security and new building openings. You will drive the success of all of Mindspace's facilities in each country. As the global Lead you will be in charge of maintaining high facilities standards.
Your day at Mindspace
As the global facilities Lead, you will be making sure that things are getting done smoothly at all times. You will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's assets in all of our locations.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Set-up and monitor the maintenance standards of our facilities worldwide.
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operation
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Oversee construction projects
- CAPEX & operating expense planning and budget management
- Partner with outsourced facilities services vendors in the delivery of daily operations. Ensure best practices are being created
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance to local, state and federal regulations, accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Mapping and creating a base building document describing all the operational processes that exist or should exist in the buildings. These tasks include: guest registration, cleaning, sanitation, systems (A/C, heating, IT, fire and more)
- Procure, negotiate and deal closing with multiple suppliers such as: Cleaning, Drinks (e.g. coffee, beer, water and soda fountain, snacks vendors), VOIP & Phones, Printers
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues
- Handling building security, access control, CCTV, security companies etc.
- Keep improving procedures by using existing metrics (KPIs)
- Support, coordinate and interact seamlessly with all the teams involved from opening
Do you have the following experience?
- B.A in Business, Economics or related field, MBA - advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-service facilities management for multiple locations
- 3+ years of proven managerial experience.
- Background/ Experience in Hotels, global Tech corporate or hospitality field
- Relevant experience from a global company
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of security systems, IT and AV equipment
- Exceptional project management skills and multitasking abilities
- High level of English – MUST!
- Tech savvy
- Ability to travel
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognize errors when made, and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick on their feet and a fast learner
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!