Junior Facilities Manager
About The Position
Founded in 2014, Mindspace is a leading flexible workspace provider with an expanding footprint in Europe, Israel and the US. Our design-led office spaces and on-demand offerings such as meeting rooms, event spaces and daily offices provide the ideal solution for enterprise companies, startups, small businesses and entrepreneurs adapting to today’s fast-evolving hybrid work environment. Mindspace is considered a lifestyle brand that has been bringing hospitality into the world of work, always putting service and experience first. A profitable operator, Mindspace has over 15.000 members in more than 40 prime locations spread across cities such as San Francisco, New York, Miami, London, Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Warsaw, Bucharest, and more.
Why you’ll love working at Mindspace?
Mindspace is a place where employees can thrive and further develop their skill set in an inspiring and nurturing environment: great vibe, employee wellbeing, diverse community, boutique design. You’ll work with some of the best people in the industry, who love what they do. You’ll be part of a global company with deep respect and understanding for the local culture of each of its markets. Our growth is intrinsically connected to that of our employees, and as a Mindspace employee, you’ll be presented with long-term career opportunities, globally.
Who is the ideal Mindspacer?
You’re a team player. You take pride in what you do and have a mindset of “I’m all in” when you do it. You know when to take action and how to take the areas of your responsibility to the next level - excellence is the name of the game. You know how to ‘read the room’ and understand the professional environment you’re in.
About the position
As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's operations in our San Francisco location. You will make sure our facilities are running smoothly and efficiently at all times, and maintain ongoing communication with our various vendors and contractors. In addition, you will be working with our Community and Sales teams, making sure members' satisfaction is high.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Management & oversight of the building systems maintenance and building cleaning of the San Francisco location
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance with local, state, and local regulations, accreditation, and regulatory agencies
- Manage and track preventive and corrective maintenance programs including but not limited to equipment and facilities
- Negotiate terms with large facilities services providers, professionals, and contractors. Managing and maintaining the relationship with them, and making sure deliverables are executed at a satisfactory quality level and on time.
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operations.
- continuously evaluate facilities process inefficiencies and recommend improvement measures
- Oversee construction projects
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Play a key role in providing feedback to development on issues that prevent facilities from operating effectively
- Be the first point of contact for large facility maintenance emergencies
- Be the point of contact with the landlords and for making sure that we comply with all regulations and contracts
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues.
- Handle building security, access control, CCTV, security companies, etc.
- Support, coordinate, and interact seamlessly with different teams, such as the sales team & community team
Do you have the following experience?
- 1-3 years of experience in Facility Management - a must
- Hospitality background - Strong advantage
- Basic knowledge of security systems, IT, and AV equipment
- A problem solver with exceptional project management skills and multitasking abilities
- Proactive, independent, and a team player
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, independent, and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognize errors when made and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick and a fast learner
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!