About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is a rapidly growing global provider of inspiring workspaces for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established startups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs, and creative freelancers. With members in more than 34 locations across 7 countries, we are setting the gold standard for flexible workspaces around the world
Who is the Operations Manager?
This full-time position is based in Bucharest, reporting directly to the City Lead. You will be overseeing all operational aspects of our buildings in Bucharest. You will wear multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, health & safety, security, and new.
building openings or fit-out projects for our members - you will drive the success of all of Mindspace's facilities in the country.
Your day at Mindspace
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's operations in both our locations in Bucharest. You will make sure our facilities are running smoothly and efficiently at all times, maintaining ongoing communication with our various vendors and contractors. In addition, you will be working with our Community and Sales teams, ensuring members' satisfaction.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Management & oversight of the building systems maintenance and building cleaning of Mindspace locations in Bucharest
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance with local, state, and global regulations, accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Manage and track preventive and corrective maintenance programs including but not limited to equipment and facilities
- Negotiate terms with large facilities services providers, professionals, and contractors. Managing and maintaining the relationship with them, and making sure deliverables are executed at a satisfactory quality level and on time
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operations
- Continuously evaluate facilities process inefficiencies and recommend improvement measures
- Oversee construction & fit-out projects and new openings in Romania
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and that current
- Play a key role in providing feedback to development on issues that prevent facilities from operating effectively
- Be the first point of contact for large facility maintenance emergencies
- Be the point of contact with the landlords and for making sure that we comply with all regulations and contracts
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues.
- Handle building security, access control, CCTV, security companies, etc.
- Ensuring that we are always properly supplied with the day to day consumables in the kitchens, meeting rooms and common areas; finding suppliers to cover these office management needs & placing orders on time
- Support, coordinate and interact seamlessly with different teams, such as the sales team & community team
Do you have the following experience?
- At least 2 years of experience in the Operations/facilities/office management field - a must
- Hospitality background - Strong advantage
- High level of English & Romanian
- Knowledge of security systems, IT and AV equipment - a plus
- A problem solver with exceptional project management skills and multitasking abilities
- Proactive, independent and a team player
Critical competencies for success:
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment could come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, independent and empathetic
- You must be a thorough, self-aware worker who is able to recognize errors when made and to take the necessary steps to correct them
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick on your feet and a fast learner
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!