Junior Accountant - Part Time
About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established start-ups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Junior Accountant?
This full time position is based in Amsterdam and will report to Senior Financial Administrator. You will be responsible for all the day-to-day bookkeeping, processing and accounting for Netherlands activity. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and be extra-motivated to go above and beyond to keep books in order and in time.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Recording daily financial transactions
- Reconcile supplier statements with invoices and payments
- Daily bank reconciliation.
- Processing credit cards receipts
- Maintaining Twinfield.
- Assisting in Intercompany reconciliations.
- Participating in monthly book closing processes
- Assistance with preparation of VAT returns
- Entering vendor payments into banking system
- Administration duties
- Reporting to Senior Financial Administrator based in Netherlands.
Do you have the following experience?
- 1+ year experience in accounting or finance
- Proficiency in Excel - a must
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and a positive can-do attitude
- Experience working with Twinfield – an advantage
- Excellent English and Dutch language skills are a must
Critical Competencies for Success:
- You must have strong data entry skills and a knack for numbers – be highly attentive to details and keep your finger on the pulse
- Good organizational skills are key to getting you far in finance, so things don’t fall out of balance
- You must be a thorough and accurate worker who is able to recognize errors when made, and takes the necessary steps to correct them
- You should be a fast-paced mover with strong interpersonal relation skills, who is able to work efficiently both independently and in a team
- Don’t let rules confine you – thinking outside the box is necessary at such a role in such a dynamic environment
- You must be a great communicator who is able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner (in English)
- Excited about MINDSPACE; you are ready to live, eat and breathe MINDSPACE, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!