Netherlands Operations Manager
About The Position
Imagine your dream office... Now, try again.
Mindspace is the rapidly growing global provider of inspiring coworking space for teams of all sizes. Our community consists of enterprise companies and established start-ups, as well as small businesses, entrepreneurs and creative freelancers.
Who is the Operations Manager?
This full time position is based in Amsterdam and requires traveling between the different sites. The Operations Manager will be reporting directly to the Netherlands City Lead. You will be overseeing all operational aspects of our buildings in Amsterdam and Utrechet , on top you will be wearing multiple hats and lead multiple functions, including maintenance, facilities, health & safety, security and new building openings, and will drive the success of all of Mindspace's facilities your region.
Your day at Mindspace
As the Operations Manager, you will be making sure that things are getting done smoothly at all times. You will be responsible for the management of Mindspace's assets in all of our locations in the Netherlands.
What you will be responsible for, mainly:
- Drive the strategy for effective planning and scheduling of critical maintenance to achieve timely completion of work and minimal disruption to business operation
- Conduct periodic quality checks to ensure that operations policies and procedures are practiced and current
- Drive process and standards to ensure compliance to local, state and federal regulations, accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Mapping and creating a base building document describing all the operational processes that exists or should exist in the buildings. These tasks include: guest registration, cleaning, sanitation, systems (A/C, heating, IT, fire and more)
- Procure, negotiate and deal closing with multiple suppliers such as: Cleaning, Drinks (e.g. coffee, beer, water and soda fountain, snacks vendors), VOIP & Phones, Printers
- Create maintenance protocols to ensure smooth activity of all related issues
- Handling building security, access control, CCTV, security companies etc.
- Keep improving procedures by using existing metrics (KPIs)
- Support, coordinate and interact seamlessly with all the teams involved from opening
Do you have the following experience?
- Four-year college degree in Business, Economics or any other relevant field
- 3+ years of management experience in the Hospitality or in the Operations field/facilities management - MUST
- Demonstrated operational experience - experience with different phase stages (prospect, develop and closing the deal)
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- High level of English and Dutch – MUST!
Critical competencies for success:
- Multitasking is a must; You must be able to balance multiple projects at once and adhere to deadlines (strong time management skills are key)
- You’ll have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. So we need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- Strong decision maker: You need to be able to make conscious, responsible decisions on a whim when things don’t go according to plan
- Getting the job done – no matter the cost, is critical. You should be a practical, creative, quick-thinker who is constantly on their feet and aware that others are counting on you!
- A problem solver – you are a highly resourceful thinker who is quick on their feet and a fast learner
Mindspace is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!
Please submit your application in English
Our benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!